I thought that it was time for a new blog post!
Time passes rather quickly these days. Between performances, other work and projects, there is never enough time! 2016 has been a great year for us! We have taken some major steps to further our work.
- We wrote and produced our productions of “Little red Riding Hood” and “Shoemaker and the Elf”.
- Performed at the Cleveland Irish Cultural Festival
- Performed for Cleveland’s “WinterFest” event, at the Cleveland Public Library.
- Performed a major puppet restoration for the Colorado Renaissance Festival and the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival.
- Started the build on our newest production, “Goldilocks and the Three Bears”, which will premier in March of 2017.
- We are in the planning stages for producing videos of all of our shows, so that they can be submitted for consideration, to theaters and other venues all across the United States.
- Still working on the restoration of the puppets and staging from the former “Das Puppenspiel Puppet Theater”. We hope to have “The Snow Queen” ready for performance by the Fall of 2017.
- Already booking performances for our Summer 2017 season, which will include medieval/renaissance festivals, libraries, theaters and schools.
- Joined the “Puppeteers of America”, as a company.
As we progress, we are more and more encouraged by the response that we are getting from audiences and presenters alike. We are finally able to start cutting back on some of the other performance work that we do and fill that time with puppet performances.
We are also in the process of reviving the “Puppeteers Guild of Northeastern Ohio”, the local branch of the “Puppeteers of America” organization. We are hoping to build a strong group of performers, enthusiasts, collectors and educators, in an attempt to bring the world of puppetry, as an art form, to the people of Ohio.
We are really looking forward to the new year and all that it brings!
Wishing you a most wonderful and Happy Holiday Season!